Corporate and Business Transactions
We represent entities and individuals in their business transactions, including formation, mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financing, general counsel services, technology and intellectual property licensing, negotiations with investors and lenders, debtor-creditor disputes, and liquidations. Our corporate practice group has substantial prior experience at nationally recognized law firms, and we frequently engage in sophisticated transactions with attorneys from national and international law firms.
We understand that our services contribute to our clients’ overall business strategy; and that owners, investors and management rely on our work to assess risks and opportunities. Our clients include closely held businesses, start-up companies, mid-market businesses, publicly traded corporations, as well as investment funds involved in technology, manufacturing, consumer products, real estate and other industries and services.
We work closely with our firm's estate planning attorneys to understand the dynamics and nuances for family-owned companies, partnerships, businesses and investments. Our services include advising clients on succession planning, buyouts and maintaining privacy for their personal holdings.
- Formation of corporations, LLC's, partnerships and other entities
- Mergers and acquisitions, including stock and asset purchases and reorganizations
- Equipment leasing and structured finance transactions
- Secured lending and other debt financing on behalf of borrowers and lenders
- Venture capital and private equity investments
- Business contracts and corporate compliance
- Stock options, restricted stock grants and other equity and compensation matters
- Tax planning and advice for individuals and entities