Our estate planning group employs a comprehensive, yet practical approach. We develop an understanding of each client’s unique circumstances so that we may apply our expertise most appropriately in each case.
Estate planning must be integrated with personal, financial, business and tax planning. Our attorneys have a depth of quantitative skills to ensure that our clients understand the economic implications of their planning choices. At the same time, we are sensitive to the fact that overemphasizing tax issues is of less value to our clients when the result is unduly complex or confusing in the day-to-day management of affairs.
Our attorneys have the backgrounds and knowledge to view estate planning in the broadest contexts. We have extensive experience with planning techniques available to owners of closely held businesses and high net worth individuals, and are privileged to represent numerous families for multiple decades, often working with two or more generations of the same family.
Our clients benefit from our substantial experience administering trusts and estates after death. In addition, our work handling trust and estate disputes enables us to provide effective counsel to minimize future conflicts.
We understand that clients value continuity in their estate planning. The process is personal and works best when clients are able to develop a long-term relationship with their attorneys. We provide this opportunity — our broad team of attorneys will be available to clients throughout their working and retirement years.
- Revocable Trusts and Wills
- Multi-Generational Planning
- Succession Planning for Family Businesses
- Family Wealth Transfer Planning, including:
- Family Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies
- Irrevocable Trusts, such as Dynasty Trusts, Qualified Personal Residence Trusts and Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts
- Sale Transactions
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Charitable Gift Planning, including:
- Charitable Gifting Advice
- Charitable Remainder Trusts and Charitable Lead Trusts
- Private Foundations and Donor Advised Funds
- Trust Administration and Probate
- Trust and Probate Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Estate and Gift Tax Return Preparation and Audit Representation