Real estate has always been a valued aspect of life and business in the Bay Area. Our firm represents a broad range of parties in residential and commercial real estate transactions, including buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, lenders and borrowers, and investors. Whether it be the sale of a home, the purchase of a multi-unit property, the negotiation of a triple-net commercial lease, or a joint investment, we have the expertise to resolve legal issues necessary to facilitate and close the transaction.
Our expertise includes advising clients on property tax reassessments and exemptions that are unique to real estate transactions in California. We also have experience representing clients in real estate transactions outside of California, and when needed, we will identify and work with appropriate local counsel in those jurisdictions.
- Purchase and sale of residential and commercial real estate
- Lease negotiations for residential and commercial real estate
- Joint ownership including LLC's, partnerships and tenants-in-common
- Mortgage financing for borrowers and lenders
- Family transfer of real estate
- California property tax reassessments and exemptions
- 1031 exchanges and other real estate investment strategies
- Privacy protection for personal real estate holdings