Daniel T. Bernhard
- Georgetown University J.D., 1982
- Stanford University M.A., 1980
- University of California, Berkeley, 1974-1976
- Cornell University A.B., Distinction in All Subjects, 1974
- Federal District Courts in California, New York, Kentucky, Florida and Arizona
- 2nd and 9th Circuit Courts of Appeal
United States Supreme Court
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Investment Disputes
- Complex Business Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Dan Bernhard tries cases involving a range of investment and business disputes, including contract, partnership and securities claims in state and federal courts. His practice is evenly divided between the representation of plaintiffs and defendants. He recently obtained a defense verdict in a 3 week securities fraud jury trial in federal court. He also handles matters involving trust, estate and inheritance disputes in California trial courts and through various forms of alternative dispute resolution.
He endeavors to adopt the most efficient approach to the unique facts and circumstances of each case or dispute, always bearing in mind the client’s ultimate needs and goals in any resolution. He approaches each dispute as a problem in need of a solution.
Over his 30 year career he has practiced in several settings, including as a partner in a national law firm and as a lead attorney for a large government agency prosecuting state-wide plaintiffs’ claims. He has served on committees of the California State Bar and the American Bar Association. He has served for many years on the arbitration panels of the San Francisco Superior Court and the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.